Top 5 Natural Nail Fungus Treatment Options
Onychomycosis or in laymen terms toenail or fingernail fungus affects over 700 million people across the globe. Toenail fungus is the most stubborn type of onychomycosis that does not respond well even to oral antifungal medications. Over the counter and prescription topical creams and lotions contain large doses of toxic ingredients that inevitably lead to dangerous side effects if used over a long period of time.
Many natural nail fungus treatments carry no side effects and sometimes can be much more effective in treating a wide range of fungal fingernail diseases.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar is an incredibly inexpensive and safe natural nail fungus treatment that should be used several times daily for months to start seeing positive results. ACV could be used diluted with water in half as an effective foot soak for at least 30 minutes twice daily. You can additionally soak a cotton pad with undiluted ACV and apply directly to fungus affected toes or fingers overnight.
2. Tea Tree Oil nail fungus remedy is another effective way to get rid of stubborn onychomycosis. You are generally not recommended to apply undiluted tea tree oil onto toes or fingers. Macadamia oil is a great neutral oil that could be used to dilute TTO in half and later applied on toes, fingers and areas under the nails and around them.
3. Lavender Essential Oil contains strong antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties and is considered to be a strong natural nail fungus treatment. Fist you need to remove some fungus affected fingernails or toenails to allow lavender oil to reach deeper layers of your nails. You can later apply 1-2 drops of lavender oil on your toes or fingers twice a day. It might take a whole month for you to start noticing improvements in onychomycosis treatment.
4. Mouthwash is a simple yet helpful nail fungus home remedy that could be used in place of undiluted foot soak once a day for approximately 30 minutes.
5. There have also been some anecdotal reports about using Vicks Vapo Rub as a natural nail fungus treatment. While this particular treatment has not been tested in clinical studies, many onychomycosis sufferers report success after applying Vicks Rub onto affected toenails.