Homemade Face Masks For Dry Skin: Top 5 Recipes
Homemade face masks for dry skin can be easily prepared at home using only the natural ingredients your skin will readily absorb.
1. Cream & Honey homemade face masks for dry skin deliver superior moisture and nutrition for your skin. Honey alone is one of the best homemade remedies for dry skin but combined with cream, it can truly work wonders. Use only organic cream and honey varieties without dangerous chemicals that can irritate skin. Before applying Cream and Honey mask, make sure you have no previous sensitivities to these foods. This mask can also successfully treat dry chapped lips.
2. Avocado due to its high emollient composition is one of many great natural ingredients for homemade face masks for dry skin. Just mash and apply to your dry skin several times per week for super soft baby like skin. Avocado mask could also help dry skin around nose and mouth especially in cold winter weather.
3. Milk mask could be made by combining food ingredients you might already have handy around your house. Mix equal amount of honey, powdered milk, Aloe Vera gel and 1-3 drops of your favorite essential oil for a great scent and additional benefits depending on which type of oil you choose.
4. Oatmeal is another superb moisturizing ingredient that is very often included in homemade face masks for dry skin. Oatmeal softens and soothes dry skin especially combined with some natural organic yogurt and some honey for creating a cream like consistency.
5. Pumpkin mask. Mash some cooked organic pumpkin to make a thick puree that could be applied all over your face, neck and chest as one of the best nutrient rich homemade face masks for dry skin. Such mask supplies your skin with vitamins and minerals and provides great hydration.
All homemade face masks for dry skin should be used several times per week and kept for about 15-20 minutes followed by a rinse with warm water and your favorite hydrating cream. Avoid applying any masks on the skin around your eyes which tends to be very sensitive to some ingredients.
If you develop dry skin on eyelids that does not seem to go away, do not try to self treat or use any homemade masks at home. This condition could be a result of contact dermatitis or other serious skin condition that needs to be evaluated by your dermatologist.