Best Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin: Top 10 Picks
If you have sensitive skin, it’s never easy to find the best moisturizer for sensitive skin because such skin reacts to even the slightest traces of fragrances or harsh ingredients in skin care products leading to irritation, breakouts and skin puffiness.
Before you head to a store in search for the best moisturizer for sensitive skin there are certain important points to keep in mind when you read labels and assess multiple choices. Make sure your moisturizer of choice clearly states that it’s suitable for sensitive skin, it’s hypoallergenic, fragrance free and contains only natural ingredients.
Below you can read through our list of our top 10 picks for best moisturizers for sensitive skin.
1. Homemade Face Cream. Nothing beats freshly made cream for your sensitive skin for many reasons. You know exactly which ingredients are inside, you can customize the recipe to fine tune to your skin type and it’s very inexpensive. All you need is a simple recipe and just 3 ingredients to make the best moisturizer for sensitive skin at home. Over a water bath gently warm 1 table spoon of cocoa butter with double the amount of almond oil, add some Aloe Vera and stir to incorporate. You can use it on your face, neck and chest for supple and well moisturized skin daily.
2. Aloe Vera alone or mixed with some filtered water is all you need if you have sensitive oily skin. You can additionally add some essential oils like clover, tea trea or lavender to provide additional antibacterial properties only if you have no known sensitivities to these ingredients.
3. Alba Aloe & Green Tea oil free moisturizer is a natural water based moisturizer that could be easily purchased at your local whole foods store. Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive, its soothing ingredients will gently work to hydrate your skin without greasy ingredients. An added bonus is that the company does not contribute to animal testing and uses only vegetarian ingredients for their product formulas.
4. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 is another good option for skin face moisturizers that gives this great dewy finish without feeling oily or sticky.
5. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel tops many lists for the best moisturizers for sensitive skin due to absence of fragrances or mineral oils that could be especially irritating for sensitive skin.
6. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle/ Anti Acne Cream. What if you have sensitive skin, wrinkle problem and acne on top of everything? You need a great moisturizer to address all these issues at the same time. Neutrogena brand supplies the market with some of the best moisturizers for sensitive skin, including this one.
7. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is fragrance free and suitable for people with sensitive skin and even patients affected with certain skin conditions like rosacea. Cetaphil moisturizer helps reduce redness and hydrate very dry skin especially if you have eczema issues.
8. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is especially good for people with very dry and sensitive skin. It’s a rather basic product but many reviewers noted that it lasted all day delivering perfect irritant-free moisture. Additionally, it contains ceramides that are great components for the best moisturizer for aging skin that is also very prone to irritations.
9. Dessert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba oil is a very neutral and gentle product that could be applied to even the most sensitive skin on earth. Zero irritation, zero discomfort, simply the perfect results!
10. TriCerame cream is a ceramide moisturizer for very sensitive skin affected by eczema and rosacea.