10 Unusual Home Remedies For Oily Skin
One of the main causes for oily skin is hormonal imbalances, which are caused most likely by toxin buildup in the body. These hormonal imbalances can over stimulate oil glands making them secret oil in excess causing your oily skin. Home remedies for oily skin can be very effective, even on combination skin types consisting of only an oily t zone area.
Here are 10 unusual home remedies for oily skin :
1. Weight training exercises – These help build lean muscle, burn fat and eliminate most fat soluble toxins from the body.
2. Meditation – Reduce your stress hormone levels in the skin that can cause unique chemical reactions and can over-stimulate oil glands.
3. Essential oils – Lemon essential oil is a natural astringent for the skins. Mix a few drops in cucumber juice and apply at night. Tea tree oil is a great remedy for oily skin and acne prevention.
4. Milk – An excellent facial toner and oil free cleanser. Use milk concoction to clean your face several times a day to keep it moisturized and clean of excess oils.
5. Go herbal – Herbal teas contain no stimulants and they provide loads of anti-oxidants to the body. Concoctions containing aloe vera, chamomile, lemon and cucumber juices are very effective in reducing the oiliness of the skin.
6. Mud face mask- Mix clay powder with a little warm water and apply to the entire face, if you have oily skin or only to your oily forehead, nose and chin, if you have combination skin.
7. Baking soda – Make a paste of baking soda and little bit of water and gently massage with your fingers for 2-3 minutes and wash off.
8. Powder scrubs – Fine powders are effective in absorbing excess oils. Make a mixture of oat, rice power and few drops of sweet almond oil and massage the paste on the face for a few minutes before washing.
9. Egg yolks – Loaded with anti-oxidants and moisturizers, eggs are not only a healthy food, but also one the effective home remedies for oily skin.
10. Cleansing vegetable oil blends – Stop oily skin with a concoction of 80% sweet almond oil and 20% castor oil to clean your face of excess oil.
Removing blackheads through gently scrubbing is important as the pores will be clear so the oils can pass through well. Follow the above mentioned unusual home remedies for oily skin and obtain great looking skin.