10 Most Unusual Toenail Fungus Home Remedies
There are many interesting and unusual toenail fungus home remedies. Whether or not they actually are a toenail fungus cure is up for debate. The best toenail fungus treatment actually depends on the specific fungus and the how far the infection has progressed. In advanced cases infected toenail treatment is best left to a doctor. You may want to try some of these toenail fungus home remedies. If you don’t get relief, please contact your doctor. Complications could occur.
Here is a list of the 10 most unusual toenail fungus home remedies:
1. In one remedy for toenail fungus vinegar is combined with an equal amount of mouthwash. Soak your nail for 45 minutes a day in this solution.
2. Similarly, you can used mouthwash mixed with lemon juice. In both cases the acid is thought to enhance the antiseptic quality of the mouthwash.
3. Tea tree oil painted on and around the affected nail is thought to have an antifungal affect. Tea tree has an extremely strong odor.
4. Garlic is one of nature’s strongest antifungal remedies. Why not try it on toenail fungus. Crush several garlic cloves to make a paste, spread liberally over affected toenails and wrap tightly with a piece of gauze bandages. You can also wear socks over the bandages. In the morning remove the garlicky treatment, rinse your feet in cold water mixed with some apple cider vinegar and dry thoroughly.
5. A spoon of olive oil mixed with a few drops of oregano essential oil is believed to kill not only germs and fungi, but also parasites.
6. Some folks say they have used Vicks Vaporub to eliminate toenail fungus, however, no scientific research was conducted to support this claim. You can certainly try testing it for yourself to see if it does work.
7. Mix some apple cider vinegar with coarsely ground rice flour to make your own exfoliating scrub. Apply the scrub and rub gently into the skin and nail.
8. Massage your feet regularly with a mixture of equal parts olive oil and lemon juice.
9. Mix equally parts of apple cider vinegar and warm water. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. After all treatments, dry your feet thoroughly with a blow dryer to remove any lingering moisture.