10 Best Toenail Fungus Treatment Over The Counter Solutions!
How do you know what is the best toenail fungus treatment? The answer to that question depends on the severity and type of fungus. If you have yellow toenails that have thickened, pulled away from the bed of the nail, or cracked then you probably have toenail fungus. If the following toenail fungus home remedies do not take care of the problem, it may be the result of fungus under toenail. In that case you will need to see a doctor who can prescribe an oral medication or may suggest laser treatment for toenail fungus.
The following list of the 10 best toenail fungus treatment is not meant to replace medical care. If you have pain or the condition worsens, be sure to call your doctor.
1. Topical antifungal medications like Penlac and Lamisil can be purchased in your local drug store. These are among the best toenail fungus treatment options available without a prescription. Use this treatment for a year.
2. Other topical antifungal medications that are labeled for use with athlete’s foot can be counted among the best toenail fungus treatment options.
3. Claims have been made that tea tree oil can clear toenail fungus infections. There is not enough evidence to either support or undermine this claim. We do know, however, that tea tree oil is both antiseptic and antifungal.
4. Soaking the affected nails in a combination of antiseptic mouthwash like Listerine and cider vinegar is another home remedy. Soak for 45 minutes once each day. Be sure to dry the nail well after the treatment since moisture does encourage the fungus to grow back.
5. Scrubbing the feet with alpha hydroxyl acid creams will remove dead skin and inhibit the growth of fungus. You can find these creams at the drug store. Read the labels or ask the clerk to help you identify the right creams.
6. Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with two drops of essential oil of oregano. Apply to the affected area. You should use this treatment for no more than three weeks. The oregano oil has antiseptic, antifungal, and anti-parasitic qualities.
7. Combine equal parts tea tree oil and lavender oil and apply to the affected area daily.
8. Prevent fungal infections by keeping your feet dry. Cotton socks changed as needed and well ventilated shoes like sandals are good preventive measures.
9. If you must use a public pool or shower, wear shower sandals and dry them well between uses.
10. Don’t share your nail files, nail clippers, socks or shoes with others.